Reach Your Ideal Student
December 10, 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Eric W. Leftwich | Pathway U
Summit Stage Recording
About the Speaker
Cofounder and Chief Revenue Officer jobZology / PathwayU
Science behind education and careers that fit.
- A twenty-two-year veteran in technology consulting for business, healthcare and education.
- Eric has worked with more than one hundred educational institutions looking for ways to enhance the education to career pathway selection for learners of all ages.
- In 2012 he cofounded jobZology.
- In 2019 his company won the National Science Foundation’s Degree Compass Challenge and was asked to present a “Purpose vs Skill” briefing for President Trump's Committee for Employment and Education at the White House.
- Eric has held executive board positions for the Colorado Workforce Investment Board and served as a member of the Governors Council for Colorado Workforce Initiatives.
- The market
- What about the new customer personas
- Should we apply an enterprise sales approach using TAM and LTV
- Innovate or Die?
- But don't believe me. Take these ideas and discuss them with summit participants.
The Market is Changing
Overall, postsecondary enrollments decreased by 1.3% in fall 2019, a drop of more than 231,000 students from last year… For the first time this decade, the nation's fall semester's unduplicated enrollments dipped below 18 million, a decline of more than 2 million students since its peak in 2011. - Forbes Magazine Nov. 2019
The Market Place is Changing
The Market Demands Are Different
It's time to really examine our new customer personas.
- Do we truly know our client – who are they really?
- Approach them using technology such as deep data, assessments and even AI and ML
- Understand we need to explain value across the entire education-through-career-lifecycle
Innovate or Die
~ The economic future of education is steeped in the New World of Work ~
- All education products must be tied to an ROI in the form of a meaningful career
- We must institutionally explain our “WHY” in support of the ROI not our WHO
- All features of the educational experience must support the “WHY”
Call to Action
~ Here are some things to consider ~
- More than anytime in history – educational choices are tied to career and job outcomes
- Recruiting the right student begins with that understanding
- The future will include the hybrid model of employers and stakeholders in the classroom
- Schools that get ahead of this early … will recruit the right student
- It's not a product or system solution … it’s a paradigm shift.
What will you do with what you just learned?
Eric W. Leftwich | jobZology